General Manager Position Description:
LatinNewCo is a next generation digital media company – currently in stealth mode – creating high quality, premium content targeting the acculturated and bilingual Latino population in the USA. LatinNewCo was founded by market-leading Latino artists, entrepreneurs and subject-matter experts, bringing to the table significant entrepreneurial experience and successful “exits” in the early-stage technology and digital video markets.
The General Manager of the O&O destination will be responsible for building strategies for, and overseeing all aspects of, the editorial and operational components of a next generation digital media destination, delivering entertainment, news and editorial to a highly engaged audience of acculturated US Hispanic consumers, one of the fastest growing demographics in the nation.
• Helping develop v1.0 of LatinNewco.com including mobile, web, and app expressions.
• Helping to develop the content strategy and editorial budget/calendars, taking into account the ideal mix of text, photos, video and interactive features, and the appropriate combination of original versus curated content.
• Helping to develop the syndication strategy, leveraging a variety of tools and social platforms to generate buzz and audience.
• Helping to build out, and oversee day-to-day, the LatinNewco.com editorial and production team.
• Work with ad sales to deliver branded entertainment, custom integrations, etc.
Key Skills & Experiences:
• Several years working at a high-volume, consumer-facing digital publisher.
• Experience pushing out a high-volume of daily content (mix of text, photo, video, interactive).
• Experience growing audience through scaled syndication/distribution.
• Significant experience utilizing major social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and associated analytics tools
• Understanding of content management systems and Chartbeat
• Meaningful management experience, having overseen a team of editorial, and/or marketing, and/or business executives.
• Meaningful team-building experience, having hired key direct reports.
• Experience in branded entertainment / native advertising.
• Familiarity with SEO, in addition to growth hacking techniques.
• Start-up mentality (hustler, run-and-gun, comfortable in fast-paced growth environment).
• Social media platform experience
• Sense of humor.
• Passion to build and manage teams.
• UX/UI design and product experience (specifically WordPress-based).
• Previous experience in lifestyle/news-magazine editorial.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org